Monday, December 17, 2007

Homemade resources

We are fortunate to have a teachers' store close to the kids' school, and I've bought tons of different workbooks. But there are still holes in the things I want to teach, so I have made some things myself. I want to put some of them on line here:

1) A basic writing and drawing PDF. This page has a frame for a picture in the top third and ruled lines below for writing:

Writing/Drawing paper (PDF).

2) I also made up a couple pages to try to teach place values for numbers (that the second digit from the right represents the number of tens.)

Page 1 (PDF)
Page 2 (PDF)

3) I also spent last week making up flash cards for the sight words I found. I made 3x5 cards which run off my printer with no trouble at all. All I have to do is go to the files below, go to printer settings and tell it to use 3x5 cards, load the cards and print. Here are the five Word files for the Dolch words. (Dolch breaks them up into five levels:)

NOTE: Links fixed (thanks to my bro, who figured out what I did wrong--they were just bad links.) I tried to open these Word docs, but neither of my browsers let me open or download the files. I'll try to figure it out.

Pre-Primary (Word)
Primary (Word)
1st (Word)
2nd (Word)
3rd (Word)

4) Here's a page for basic counting and writing the numbers. I took color clipart, and pasted it multiple times to count to 20 and beyond (Word):

NOTE: Links fixed I tried to open these Word docs, but neither of my browsers let me open or download the files. I'll try to figure it out.

Counting (Word)

5) Here are three for fill in the blank phonics, which present a color picture, and then most of the corresponding word with a couple letters missing:

NOTE: Links fixed I tried to open these Word docs, but neither of my browsers let me open or download the files. I'll try to figure it out.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

1 comment:

SteveBrooklineMA said...

You have a typo in some of those non-working links. "sqaure" should be "square" I think.

-Brother Steve